IN ENGLISH – HOW TO APPLY
All vacant apartments are listed on the website for eight days and you can register your interest at any point during that time. Log in using your personal ID number and the password you chose when you registered. If any of the vacant apartments, storages, garages, etc. are of interest, you can register your interest quick and easy directly from the website. You can register interest for a maximum of 15 apartments, storages, garages, etc. at the same time.
Make absolutely sure that your information is correct and that your registration includes all the people who will be living in the apartment or else we run the risk of incorrectly assessing your ability to rent an apartment.
If you are registered individually but would like to apply for an apartment jointly, you can simply link your registrations together. It is just as easy to remove the link if you decide you want to apply for an apartment on your own.
If you have recently registered and have not had time to accumulate any queue points, keep a eye out for apartments marked with “Direkt”. These apartments are hired out regardless of how many queue points you have.
New apartments are rented out via special registrations of interest. Read more about the terms under each new-build project.
When you are logged in, you can follow the rental process for the apartments, storages, garages, etc. for which you have registered interest under “Mina sidor”.
Prior to the start of each semester, we publish a list of our vacant student apartments. In order to book one of these, you must have been accepted at one of the universities or colleges in Helsingborg.
You will find the apartments on the page Lediga studentlägenheter. They are rented out on the principle of first-come first-served, by reserving the apartment directly on the website. You can simplify the booking process by registering in advance as an applicant in our register. You can then log in and book an apartment as soon as it is published instead of going through the registration flow first.
When you book an apartment, you must have a mobile phone at hand, as you sign the contract with an SMS code that is sent to your mobile. You should also have your admission letter or certificate of registration in digital format (such as a photo, a scanned image or a screenshot of your certificate) so you can upload it at the time of booking. If you do not have this information at hand, you can still book the apartment but you need to provide the certificates within 48 hours.
All our student apartments are unfurnished.
If you have any questions, please contact our student coordinator Helen Marntell on telephone +46 (0)42-20 80 81.
Note! All web pages can be translated into the language of your choice using Google Translate at the bottom of each page.
HELSINGBORGSHEM – RENTAL POLICY
Helsingborgshem is a municipal housing company. Our goal is to create secure, pleasant residential areas with a wide variety of apartments that attract different kinds of people by satisfying diverse needs and preferences. Everyone who meets our basic requirements has an equal right to apply for and obtain an apartment.
- You must be 18 or older
- You must have the financial means (meet the Helsingborgshem income criteria) to pay the rent on the apartment you are applying for
- You may not have non-payment notices or debts that exceed our limit
- You may not have unfavourable references that cast doubt on your suitability as a tenant
- You and your co-applicant must meet any separate requirements associated with the apartment you are applying for
- You must have appropriate householder’s insurance
Clarification of the basic requirements
You must have the financial means to pay the rent on the apartment you are applying for
Your monthly disposable income must be at least twice as much as the rent. If the apartment rents for more than SEK 10,000, your income need only be SEK 10,000 above that amount.
Following are possible sources of income:
- Return on investments
- Insurance benefits
- Housing allowance, student grant, maintenance allowance, sickness benefit, child allowance, etc.
Exceptions: Public assistance, introduction benefit, etc., satisfy the requirements under the following circumstances:
- You are currently living in one of our apartments, have been paying on time and apply for one that rents for less
- You are currently living in one of our apartments, have been paying on time, apply for one that rents for more and your officer approves it
If you are not receiving enough income after tax
In order to add your saving to your disposable income, you must show that:
- Your available savings are at least 3 times the annual rent on the apartment you are applying for
- You savings are in Sweden
- You have passed our credit check
A guarantor can make up for low disposable income under the following circumstances:
- You are going to school and one of your parents assumes responsibility for your rent
If your officer at the Social Services, Labour Market Administration or Health and Welfare Administration refers you for a rent guarantee, you can obtain an apartment with Helsingborgshem through the Residential Programme. Your officer will be in charge of application procedures.
You may not have non-payment notices or debts that exceed our limit
- You may not have any debts to Helsingborgshem or another landlord
- We will not approve more than 2 non-payment notices over the past 12 months
- You may not have a debt balance of more than SEK 20,000 with the Enforcement Authority
Exception: if you have been paying off your debt for at least 12 months and have not received any additional non-payment notices, you will pass our credit check.
You may not have unfavourable references that cast doubt on your suitability as a tenant
If you have an unfavourable record with Helsingborgshem or another landlord, we will not permit you to apply for one of our apartments. You may request reconsideration of our decision after 12 months have passed. An unfavourable record may include:
- Serious disturbances of other tenants
- Unlawful subleasing
- False papers and documentation
- Neglect of your apartment
- Threats or violence against employees
- Eviction from a previous apartment
You and your co-applicant must meet any separate requirements associated with the apartment you are applying for
Separate requirements usually involve you or your co-applicant being old enough – for instance 55 in order to apply for an apartment at our assisted living facilities. Or you may need to assume responsibility for taking care of the grounds near where you live. The description of the apartment on our website specifies any such requirements.
Principal rule for renting out our apartments
Helsingborgshem’s principal rule is that we assign apartments in accordance with the applicant’s queue score.
Exceptions to the principal rule
Exceptions may be made under the following circumstances and will be reported to the board:
If an apartment is brand new, it will be rented out in accordance with board decisions about that particular project. The criteria may be queue score, lot, first come first serve, priority for current tenants in the area, etc.
Households with rent guarantee or special support needs
Pursuant to agreements with the City of Helsingborg, Helsingborgshem contributes apartments that promote municipal housing policies. The City Property Administration has primary responsibility for assigning such apartments.
Apartments for the private sector and organisations that are strategically important to the city
In consultation with the Industry Office in Helsingborg, we assign apartments to benefit the private sector and organisations that are strategically important for local employment and growth.
Priority for current tenants
When a tenant who has rented one of our apartments for more than 1 year has significantly different housing needs.
Rented out on a first come first serve basis. Students who have been admitted to one of the institutions of higher learning in Helsingborg have top priority.
Renting storage and parking space
When a storage or parking space becomes available, our first choice is to rent it out to one of our tenants in accordance with the principal rule. If none of them are interested, we will rent it out on a first come first serve basis. Under certain circumstances, we may rent it out to someone who is not living in one of our apartments. But we reserve the right to terminate such agreements on a ”last in first out” basis if the needs of our tenants increase.
- You may sign up for our waiting list as of your 16th birthday.
- You must sign up again every six months in order to keep your queue score.
- Your score belongs to you only and may not be transferred to someone else.
- You must be entered in the population register and plan to live in the apartment you are applying for.
- Your score and position on the waiting list will be deleted as soon as you obtain an apartment.
Policy adopted by the Board of Helsingborgshem June 17, 2016